Those of us on daylight savings time will "spring foward" this weekend. In addition to changing the clock, it is also a great time to change the batteries in your smoke detectors and
Tips To Winterize Your Home
1. Have an HVAC specialist tune up your furnace and change your furnace filter.
2. Reverse your ceiling fan.
3. Check your roof for missing or damaged shingles, or gaps around the chimney or vent.
4. Caulk around doors and windows.
5. Clean any leaves or debris from the gutters.
6. Add downspout extensions to divert water away from the house and foundation.
7. Drain exterior hose bibs and remove water hose from spigot.
8. Winterize your lawn irrigation/sprinkler system.
9. Mulch leaves during your final mows.
10. Have your chimney professional inspected and cleaned prior to using it for the season.